Till now, Joomla 4.0 has been introduced to Joomla community throughout the Alpha version. The version provides users experimental condition to explore all the new features in Joomla 4 as well as the mean to report any problems before releasing the final version.a
Although the Alpha version is not ready for developing a complete product, you can try this new version at the moment by installing through localhost. This article will provide you the fully simplified installation process.
Here is just the brief installation process of Joomla 4. To read the full article about the installation process, feel free to click on this link.
- PHP 7+
- MySQL 5.5.3
- Web server (XAMPP, MAMP, WAMP, JAMP)
Prepare For Install
- Install and configure Web servers (for example, XAMPP)
- Download and upload Joomla! Package files
- Upload the installed files of Joomla 4 in "htdocs" folde
- Create database for Joomla! installation
Install Joomla 4
- Step 1: Enter the following link to your browser: http://localhost/name_of_your_root_folder to enter the installation process
- Step 2: Enter the language and site name
- Step 3: Setup user data
- Step 4: Data configuration
- Step 5: Finalize and Customize installation
When you have done the Customize Installation, you are ready to open the front-end and back-end of the website. NOTE: You must delete the installation folder before bringing your site to the live mode. Here, you just check “Check if you wish to delete the installation folder on completion”, then Joomla! Installer should delete the folder for you.
From there, you can either click on “Open Site” to open the front-end site
Or click on “Open Admin” to open the back-end site.
Congratulation! You have installed Joomla 4 successfully. Login to your admin by using your Superuser account you have set up before.
To read more How to install Joomla 4, please feel free to click on the link here.